Please feel free to contact us for information (937-767-7377) or utilize online banking.
Equifax Data Breach
Equifax, one of the three major credit reporting agencies, announced that hackers had gained access to personal data of potentially 143 million of its customers. While the company has found no evidence of unauthorized activity on Equifax’s core consumer or commercial credit reporting databases, YSCU wants members to be aware of the situation and know how to respond if you need to question anything suspicious with your accounts.
For members NOT HAVING a YSCU CREDIT CARD, YSCU DOES NOT UTILIZE Equifax for requesting or furnishing data.
YSCU’s credit card processor DOES, on occasion, report YSCU credit card data to Equifax.
Equifax has established a dedicated website to determine if your information has been impacted and to sign up for complimentary credit file monitoring and identity theft protection for one year: https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/potential-impact/. The page will ask for your last name and the last 6 digits of your social security number. We understand that Equifax will send a message letting you know if your information was part of the hack. In addition to the website, Equifax will send direct mail notices to consumers whose credit card numbers or dispute documents with personal identifying information were impacted.
IMPORTANT: Please also visit the following Federal Trade Commission (FTC) website for a complete comprehensive checklist to follow if your identity was lost or exposed: https://www.identitytheft.gov/PDFs/Data_Breach.pdf
As always, YSCU advises you to read the fine print before signing up with any program offered. Also, stay in tune with news and other communications to help make an informed decision regarding handling options regarding the breach.
Exciting New Enhancements to Debit and ATM Cards!
Attention Debit and ATM Cardholders…..
Are you enjoying the enhancements of your new ATM and Debit Cards? We think the picture on the new card reflects the feel of our unique Village here in Yellow Springs. Each time you use your card, you will be supporting your local Credit Union AND gaining new benefits compared to your previous card.
The Alliance One credit union-based, no-surcharge network is delayed in updating transactions on our new cards, however we have been assured it will be available before mid-November. In the meantime, look at the Money Pass website for surcharge-free locations.
- Real-Time Processing: Your card transactions will reflect account balances and activity without the wait for network updates as in the past. No more confusion about why the deposit you made at the Credit Union this morning did not show in your balance at the ATM machine or when making a retail purchase!
- Same Low Cost: Still no monthly card maintenance fee to have a YSCU Debit-ATM card. Four free pin-driven transactions per month are still available including any combination of ATM withdraws, inquiries, or pin-based transactions when making a retail purchase..
- More Choices: Thousands of Additional No-surcharge ATM Machines have been added with new-to-us networks including Money Pass and FastBank.
- Higher Limits: You can now access up to $300 in cash and make up to $2,000 in retail purchases per day with your card.
- ATM-Only Cards: Now appear to be Debit cards, but they only function with pin-based transactions as in the past.
- Added Fraud Protection: Enhancements to transaction monitoring exist now, but remember that fraud monitoring is most effective if you keep the Credit Union updated with ways for the fraud departments to reach you at any time of day. When suspicious activity is spotted, at any time of day or night, you might be contacted to see if a transaction was made by you. If your phone number changes, or if you plan to be out of town or making purchases not normal to your spending behavior, let us know.
It is always a good idea to keep an alternative source of payment with you.
We hope you have not experienced any inconvenience during this change. Any technology conversion is difficult, but we are confident that the benefits far outweigh any potential problems while switching. If you do experience a problem, call us at once and one of our employees will work with you to resolve any issues.
Let us know how you like the change.
Auto Loan rates - As low As 2.50%
Verified by Visa
Visa has recently developed security procedures that are intended to verify a cardholders' identity for Internet purchases. This program is designed to protect members when making online purchases as well as reduce identity theft.
How does it work? Simply click on the icon above to enroll. Then, when making an online purchase with a participating online merchant, you will validate your identity by entering your password (selected by you) in a special "Verified by VISA" window.
IT'S AS EASY AS CLICKING THIS LINK......Go to main navigation